THE FIVE WORST CARNIVAL FOODS YOU CAN EAT
Which means, you might really want to eat them sometime.
• The deep-fried Oreo. It’s made by dipping the Oreo in pancake mix, egg, milk and vegetable oil then deep-frying it. It turns a 50 calorie Oreo into a 157 calorie Oreo. Now, that’s not a lot overall, but it’s a lot for one cookie. Plus, that single cookie now has 10 grams of fat. That’s about a fifth of your daily fat intake in one mouthful!
• Cotton candy. It has absolutely no nutritional benefit — it’s just whipped sugar on a cone. However, if it’s between some deep-fried Oreos and the cotton candy you may want to go with the cotton candy, because the entire thing is just 200 calories.
• The corn dog. It’s not that bad as far as calories; the problem is the sodium content. One corn dog has nearly 1,200 milligrams of sodium — or half the recommended DAILY intake for an adult.
• The deep-fried Twinkie. A single fried Twinkie is 420 calories and 32 grams of fat, and that’s before you add any toppings like powdered sugar or chocolate sauce. To put that in perspective, it’s more calories and fat than a Whopper Junior with cheese.
• Funnel Cake. A single serving has as many calories as a Whopper with cheese and more than half the fat you should have in an entire day. To burn off that Funnel Cake, you’d have to jog for 86 minutes to get rid of that delicious Funnel Cake! And, you’d have to be 35 years old! It’s longer for us older folks.
Enjoy the fairs but be careful of your calorie and sugar intake, or it could be one of your last fairs. Just sayin!